The PM Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) is a flagship housing scheme launched by the Government of India in 2016 to provide affordable housing to the rural poor. The scheme aims to build one crore (10 million) pucca houses with basic amenities by 2022 for the rural households who are living in katcha houses.
In the latest budget announcement, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman revealed that the central government will be spending a whopping 10,000 crore per year on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme. There are two components to the PMAY scheme: PMAY-Gramin, which is for those living in rural areas, and PMAY-Urban, which is for those living in urban areas.
PMAYG Scheme Benefits
Under the PMAY-G scheme, the eligible beneficiaries are identified through a Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) survey conducted in 2011. The scheme provides financial assistance to eligible beneficiaries in the form of a grant of Rs. 1.2 lakh in plain areas and Rs. 1.3 lakh in hilly and difficult areas, along with a loan of up to Rs. 70,000 for construction of the house.
The scheme also focuses on ensuring the participation of women in the construction of houses by making them the primary owner or co-owner of the house. Additionally, the scheme also promotes the use of eco-friendly technologies for construction and encourages the adoption of sustainable housing practices.
The PMAY-G scheme has been implemented in a phased manner, with the first phase starting in 2016 and the second phase starting in 2019. The scheme has shown significant progress, with over 1.26 crore houses completed and delivered to beneficiaries as of January 2022.
Eligibility Criteria PMAY Gramin
To be eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) scheme, the following criteria must be met:
- The beneficiary household should not own a pucca house (a house made of permanent material like bricks, cement, etc.) in their name or in the name of any member of their family anywhere in India.
- The beneficiary household should belong to one of the following categories:
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
- b. Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- c. Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- d. Minority communities
- The beneficiary household should comprise husband, wife, and unmarried children.
- The beneficiary household should not have any adult member who is a government employee or member of any statutory body or public sector undertaking.
- The beneficiary household should have a valid Aadhaar number.
- The beneficiary household should have a functional bank account.
- The beneficiary household should be willing to contribute their own labor towards construction of the house.
How to Apply For PM Awas Yojana Gramin?
Under this scheme, only people from rural areas can apply, whose name will be in the 2011 Socio-Economic Caste Census list. If your name is in this list, you will be given a username and password for online registration from the regional panchayat. Under PMAY Gramin 2023, you can fill the application form with this username and password and by applying, people from the weaker sections of the rural areas can take advantage of this scheme and fulfill their dream of building a pucca house. The application under Gramin Awas Yojana 2023 will be completed in three phases.
- First of all, you go to the official website of PM Gramin Awas Yojana, after this the home page of the official website will open, on the home page you will see the option of DATA ENTRY.
- After this click on DATA ENTRY, after clicking PMAY Rural online application login link will open. After this login registration with the help of Username and Password received from Panchayat and Block level. After login, change the user name and password as per your convenience.
- After this you will see 4 options on PMAY Online Login portal first PMAY G online application, second residence verification of photo taken by you, third approval letter download, preparation of order sheet for FOURTH FTO.
- Open the registration form by clicking on the first PMAY G online registration from these four options.
- After opening the registration form of PMAY G, four types of details First Personal Details, Second Bank A/C Details, Third Convergence Details, Fourth Details From the Concern Office have to be filled in the registration form.
- In the first part of the registration, fill all the information of the beneficiary registration and after selecting the head, provide all the information of the head.
- In the third step, to modify the application form of Gramin Awas Yojana, login to the portal with the help of user password and click on Registration Form to modify the registration form.
- In this way, you can apply by filling the application form in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana and can take advantage of this scheme.
PMAYG List & Beneficiary Status Check
To check if your name is on the PMAY-G beneficiary list, you can follow these simple steps:
Visit the PMAY-G website at pmayglist.in.
On the homepage, select your state, district, block, and panchayat.
Once you have selected your location, a list of beneficiaries from your area will be displayed on the screen.
You can search for your name in the list by entering your BPL number, registration number, or your name.
If your name is on the list, you can then proceed to check the status of your application.
It’s important to note that if your name is not on the list, it could be because your application has not been approved yet, or it could be due to some other issue with your application.
In such cases, you should contact your local government authorities to inquire about the status of your application and to seek guidance on what you can do next.
Additionally, if you are eligible for the benefits but have not yet applied, you can apply online & check status & list by visiting the PMAYG website and following the instructions provided there.