Arlington Map: Arlington is the city situated in Texas and also home for the University of Texas. According to the USCB, Arlington has a total of 99.8 square miles of the area among which 96.6 square miles of the area island and remaining 3.3 square miles of the area is water. The population of the city is 365,440 as per the records made in 2010.
Europeans used to settle in this area early back in the 1850s. Arlington also has a trading post. The rich mineral soil attracted farmers in the region and around the city bay thus lead to several agricultural-related businesses which were well developed till the end of the 19th century.
They started emphasizing on cotton according to the soil availability and thus the city grew as cotton ginning and farming centre. The city then boosted water facilities, electricity, natural gas, and telephone services for trading and communication purposes.
Thus with all availability of basic human needs, the population thus began to grow which lead to the foundation of industries as human resources were available along with jobs that led to growth in the economy.
With sectors like aerospace and automobiles, Arlington became the fastest growing suburbs in the world. During this period of growth after the 1950s, there was a growth in economic development.
Arlington city is located in the Tarrant County on the northern side of Texas in the united states in between Fort Worth (west side) and Grand Prairie and Dallas (east side). Indians, the first known settlers in that area, were the victims of expansion of the westward.
An early white settlement (in the year of 1840), on a site of Indian council, was known as Bird’s Fort. The continuing argument in between Indians and some of future settlers which is lastly led to the war of Village Creek (in the year 1841), in which over than two hundred Indian lodges were burned and the Caddo routed. The Texas Republic in the year 1843 signed a calm treaty with 9 Indian groups at what is now Arlington. The Arlington city was put down out by railroad men in the year 1876 and named for General Robert E. Lee’s house in the location of Virginia.
At one time this was better known for cotton ginning and products of the agricultural, Arlington city is mainly an industrial as well as the centre of commerce.
City also has industries of the automotive as well as aerospace which later developed after the year 1950, along with a supplementary rapid growth in the population of the city. This city is the seat of the Texas University at Arlington (in year1895) and the College of Arlington Baptist (in year 1939). Six Flags in excess of Texas, a huge amusement park, also exist there.
The city Arlington is home to the Rangers of Texas of Major League Baseball and the National Football League of Dallas Cowboys. Lake Arlington, a 2 acre and the 275 acres (921 of a hectare) reservoir that offers drinking water for the Arlington city, and it is also a famous recreation site.
City started lay emphasis on the cotton as according to the availability of soil and thus the Arlington grew as cotton ginning as well as farming center. The city boosted facilities of water, electricity facility, natural gas, and services of the telephone for trading and other communication purposes.
Thus, along with all availability of general human being requirements, the populace so started to grow that lead to the foundation of companies as a human resource was available along with jobs which further led to a development in the Arlington city’s economy.
Several sectors just like as aerospace as well as automobiles, Arlington became the rapidly growing outer edge over all the world. At the time of this period of development after the year 1950s, there was a development in the economic sector.
Arlington city supports baseball as their primary preference in the sector of sports. There are popular teams in the city of Arlington which represent in sport football. the initial women football team was also in Texas which has the name of The Dallas wings.
The Arlington city has distinguished athletes so, for them there is the provision of different tracks as well as centers for training.
The high school’s students and colleges students contribute their time in sports such as basketball, softball, volleyball, baseball, etc.
- The six flags over Texas is located in Arlington. There is a nationwide theme park that has few attractive features to connect with. along with the theme park, there are several water parks.
- There are shopping malls in Arlington which is a place for various stores, movie theatres, ice skating, etc. there are few places in Arlington that are supposed to be as shopping hotspot and as well as entertainment hotspots that are an attraction for tourists and regional as well neighbouring people around.
- Arlington has the biggest community centres in the world that include live performances in which all age group can participate. City galleries show arts and crafts of various artists of and around the country.
- There are pavilions around that hosts live concerts and film promotional events. Concerts feature a vivid range of music genres.
Arlington Cemetery Map
Arlington supports baseball as their first preference in sports. There are famous teams in Arlington that represent in football as well.
- The Dallas wings were the first women’s basketball team in Texas.
- The city has notable and world-recognized athletes thus, for them there is the provision of various tracks and training centres.
- There are several athletes who represented themselves in a national competition and international and Olympics as well.
- The high schools and colleges students also contribute their time in sports like basketball, softball, volleyball, baseball, etc.
Arlington National Cemetery Map
Arlington Texas Map
Arlington Va Map
Arlington Zip Code Map
Arlington Heights Zoning Map
Maps of Arlington Tx
Google Maps Arlington Va
Map Arlington Va
Arlington is the city situated in Texas and also home for the University of Texas. According to the USCB, Arlington has a total of 99.8 square miles of the area among which 96.6 square miles of the area island and remaining 3.3 square miles of the area is water.
They started emphasizing on cotton according to the soil availability and thus the city grew as cotton ginning and farming centre. There is a nationwide theme park that has few attractive features.
Related Tags: Arlington Map, Arlington Maps.